What if you have an idea for a great piece of furniture that would fit neatly into that space you have in mind and would work perfectly with the style of your interiors? What if that piece of furniture could do everything you want it to do and more? Its shelves and drawers are just the right height; the door opens from the side you need it to; it even has a special storage compartment for all those bits and pieces you can never find a home for.
Rather than compromising with a piece of furniture you’ve found online, why not have something custom made? It may sound like a luxury but in the long term, something that has been carefully designed to your exact specifications is far more likely to stand the test of time. In other words, it could be the best investment you make.
So how can you design your own furniture and have it custom built?
- Discuss your idea with a furniture maker. We love talking to people about their design ideas and taking time to understand their functional and visual priorities. We can use our design software and experience to test out the concept and explore the options.
- Collaborate on a prototype. It’s always a joy when the design process is a partnership between maker and customer. Both bring different dynamics to the process and it is far more rewarding for the customer to be part of things right from the start.
- Agree a design. The design often goes backwards and forwards several times as we test ideas, finalise materials and make sure the finished product will meet the customer’s expectations in terms of style, durability and function.
- The making process begins. Each member of our team is highly skilled and we are ‘modern makers’. By this we mean that we are trained in the traditional skills of a cabinet maker as well as the contemporary skills required to make the most of our CAD/CAM technology and invaluable CNC machinery.
- Working together. Even during the manufacturing process we will stay in touch with our customers and keep them involved. If they are too far away to be able to pop in and see their furniture being made we will send regular photo updates. This is one of the most exciting stages as the project takes shape and we carefully work on each feature in our workshop, step by step.
- Wood furniture can be finished in many different ways and each gives a different effect. We will discuss the options before we hand finish the piece ready for delivery.
- When the big day arrives, we like to deliver most projects ourselves so that we can share the pleasure of seeing it in its new home. It also allows us to make some final checks. We will sometimes call back once the furniture has acclimatised to make any further adjustments if needed.
If you have an idea and would like to discuss custom made furniture please get in touch. If you’ve seen something on our website that you’d like us to adapt for you we can do that too. Just call us on 0113 256 7376 or email email@example.com