This classic painted kitchen design enhances and complements the room. The ceiling mouldings and original framed windows set the tone which is reflected in the cornice and curved corners. The kitchen was part of a major refurbushment for a commercial developer. Our designer and maker, John Gabler, has worked with an interior designer in order to produce a space that is practical and appealing to families.
All of our cabinets are bespoke and made to measure. The frames for the classic painted kitchen are made from American Tulipwood. Doors and frames are tongued and grooved, and/or morticed and tennoned. Drawers are dovetailed. Carcases are made from real oak veneered MDF for stability and can be made to any size.
- Farrow and Ball paints were specified by the interior designer and used throughout.
- Beautiful cornices with a hint of Art Deco styling were custom made from scratch to match room mouldings.
- Rounded quadrant corners have been added to all exposed corners of cabinets to soften the lines. We can create curved quadrants to any radius and are not restricted to set sizes.
- Matchboard tongue and groove panelling on the island cabinetry gives the kitchen a homely feel.
- Drawer interiors are in solid hardwood. Here they are in solid European oak but can be specified in Maple, Walnut or any hardwood.
- Drawers can be traditional, soft-close (as in this case) or push to open. We also specialise in hand-cut dovetails for the absolute connoisseur.
- Handles shown here are proprietory but these too can be bespoke using metal, glass or wood.
Working with Contractors and Professionals
Dovetailors has extensive experience working together with architects, contractors, buliders, property developers and interior designers. We are great at designing the look you are after and bringing a project in on budget.
Block "form-portfolio" not found