When it comes to designing bespoke furniture, we like to work closely with you to get the very best out of your ideas. After all, it’s your dream we want to turn into reality and you can be the architects of some stunning pieces.
You don’t need to give us detailed plans. Your ideas for designing bespoke furniture might be in your head, on a scrap of paper or perhaps more carefully drawn out. Whatever stage you’re at, we can help you develop your vision into your ideal bespoke project.
Don’t worry if your vision seems impossible. We are with you every step of the way. We can produce everything from one single item of furniture to a complete interior. So where do you start? Consider these five steps when setting out to achieve your dream.
- Where is your piece of bespoke furniture going to be in the house? Make sure your design fits in and try not to follow too many trends and fashions. Remember, tastes change. You are wanting to create a piece of bespoke furniture that will be built to last. A timeless piece or interior is your best bet, something that can be cherished forever. It also needs to fit in with the rest of your interior design, though this is not as important for a stand-alone piece where you’re looking to make a statement.
- Design – think you plan through carefully from beginning to end. You can’t make short-cuts in the design process if you want something that lives up to your expectations. Work with us so we can resolve any issues along the way before they become problems on delivery. Be realistic and be prepared to adapt to minor changes in your design if they are going to work better for you and our craftsmen. Think about colour and what will look best, it can be changed along the way but not at the end.
- Be specific about what you want – our designers will work with you on your brief and stay in close contact every step of the way. We need to ensure that what you have asked for is what you end up with. Make sure you have a list of your requirements including ideal size and position in the room. We encourage you to come along and see your project taking shape so you can see how things work – the story behind your showpiece furniture.
- Budget – Designing bespoke furniture is not a cheap process but you are getting something unique. You need to establish costs in writing right from the start and include everything from the price of the materials tolabour, rejigging plans and paying a deposit. We always keep you informed of costs and will advise of any changes as you go along so there are no unexpected bills. But do remember, making a change to the design once manufacture has started can be costly which is why we like to get it right from the start.
- Approval and aftercare. We won’t ignore you once delivery is made – we keep in touch with you before, during and after the whole process. We are here to advise on after-care and how best to maintain your furniture to ensure you can cherish it forever.
Find out more about our personal design service here