From a practical point of view, full length mirrors are useful home accessories that allow us to check our appearance. Most of us have a full length bedroom mirror and maybe on in the hall or on the landing too. Practicalities aside, decorative mirrors re also a useful interior design tool, enhancing the light and space in a room and brightening up gloomy corners.
Here are 5 creative ways to use modern mirrors to style your home
- Harness daylight – A carefully positioned full length mirror placed strategically opposite a window can help the natural daylight flood the room and fill every corner.
- Focal point – A blank wall on a half landing or an empty wall can be brought to life with a feature mirror. A custom made mirror or one that has been made to measure to fill your space and complement your interiors can add drama and tie together the design elements of a room.
- Create space – Full length mirrors can be used in small spaces to enlarge the size of the area or make a narrow room or hall feel bigger. Use mirrors inside cupboard doors or choose bespoke slim mirrors to add interest in tight corners.
- Divert attention – If there is a feature within a room that you’d rather detract attention away from, adding a glamorous mirror in another part of the room can help to draw the focus in a different direction. This interior design skill has been used for centuries to trick the eye and create a stylish impression.
- Design your own – Don’t feel restricted to tall rectangular mirrors. A long oval mirror or a unique shape such as our Cavetto style mirrors and Art Deco designs add personality to a home and can be created to complement the decor of your home or its architectural and period features.
View our collection of mirrors available to order online or contact us to discuss a bespoke mirror design or made to measure item.